Monday, September 03, 2007

Take a picture here,
Take a souvenir…


Time to skedaddle. I really feel like I could spend another week here without seeing everything there is to see. And that’s not even counting Aswan, Abydos, Sharm El Sheik, a nice desert jeep run etc. etc. I wish I could collect cultures the way I collect CDs and I wish languages would imprint themselves in my brain the way crappy pop songs do. I guess I’ll just have to keep traveling.

I know I’m skipping a bit here, but do I really have to tell you how awesome the Pyramids were? They’re the only surviving wonder of the ancient world. The museum? I could have spent all day there just looking at their collection of sarcophagi. The treasures of Tut only make me wonder what we missed from the other 64 tombs. (Wonder if I can start a bidness doing modern day Pharaoh style funerals. The BLING burial! Pimp your corpse!)

Anyhoo, it was a hot day walking around, but that was fine with me as any extra water would have been ready to escape my body anyway (see previous post). The funniest moment was a tourist that in reaction to the touts trying to get him to ‘kiss the sphinx’ had me take a shot so that it looks like his hand is on her ass. Try explaining that to an 11 yr old girl who just wants your money for the kiss shot.

We have a lot of work to do with NAMRU3, so hopefully I’ll be back soon. Right now I’m ready for home. I’m ready for an ice cold Dr. Pepper and a warm carne asado burrito. I’m planning on one big tall Franciskaner Hefewiezen in Frankfurt too. Yum. Maybe two…Oh and football, I’ll take that over soccer any day.

Cheers,
Mars

No comments: