Thursday, August 31, 2006

Day 2: I told you it looked like Ohio
Along the way to the Kunsthaus, I found this:
Surely some of you dear readers recognize these objects? No, I’m not going to make a nutsack joke. It’s a real live Buckeye tree, from whence my home state gets its name. I thought I saw some last year in Germany, but I didn’t get the chance to investigate. Today, I got to play the part of crazy-homeless/stupid-foreigner dude as I kicked around on the ground to find some fallen nuts. Sure enough, I cracked a few open and there was the familiar brown and white buckeye inside. I’m taking this as a good omen for Ohio State’s Football season.


If you look real close, you'll notice that Euro-buckeyes are spinier than Ohio buckeyes. I found that out when I tried to pry a few open with my hand. They are the real deal, as you can see below. The white one below wasn't done cooking when I opened it, but I wanted to try and give you a shot whilst the eye was still white, before it oxidizes to brown.
Anyway, I know ya'll want some proof that I'm not just slacking in Ohio, so here you go. Yes that's the camera cord:

No comments: